06 September 2010

All the rooftops in Paris

So, I made it to France! After months of anticipation and planning, it is amazing that I can actually sit in a Parisian cafe and drink a glass of wine while admiring the beautiful buildings and trying to use a little bit of French. My Aunt Debbie (who is traveling with me until I start school in Grenoble) and I did just that yesterday after a long flight and excursion via the Paris metro system that traveling with all my luggage didn't make any easier. The wine, bread, and cheese is so good here, just like everyone always says!

After getting our stuff to the hotel and eating dinner, we around the base of the Eiffel Tower. There were a ton of tourists, unsurprisingly, and various people selling miniature gold, silver, and bronze statues of the tower. It was interesting to see people from all around the world whether they were tourists or Parisians themselves.

The Eiffel Tower

Vendor near the Eiffel Tower

Today we took the metro to the Arc de Triomphe which was also really touristy, but still really cool because I felt like I could see all of Paris from the top! I could see the Eiffel Tower (of course), the opera house, Sacre-Coeur, the Louvre, and a bunch of other cool buildings.

The Arc de Triomphe

The lots of stars to the top of the Arc

Statue at the top of the Arc
He looks a little unhappy

View from the top

The tourists (including myself) are always pretty obvious because of what they wear, but that is okay. I love seeing Parisians with really nice shoes, jackets, and jeans. I have seen quite a few Armani, Guess, Lulu Lemon, and Gucci labels, especially walking down the Champs Elysees. The stores had some really neat clothing and shoes that reminded me a little bit of Lady Gaga.

Some pretty hot manikins

Diamond Heels! Only 500 euro.

Next we went to the Musee de l'Orangerie and the Louvre! The art was amazing and I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

Monet! So cool in a 360 view of the seasons

Another pretty Monet in a different 360 view room

Naked and famous

Sweet painting

Trippy painting

Gallery in the Louvre

My favorite sculpture ever

More naked and famous, but a little less explicit
MORDOR! but painted a couple centuries ago.

Creepy flying man

Napolean had it pretty nice

Napoleon is kinda cute when he is distressed

My slow descent

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You made it! It looks like you've seen a lot since you got there. It looks like you're having tons of fun! Send me an email with a skype time! I hope I did this right...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the yogurt pottery! Do they sell cheese in those too? That would be awesome...

    ReplyDelete