18 September 2010

Sociology

Today my friend Patricia and I tried Speculoos with some baguette from the Geant. It is actually pretty good, in moderation. We concluded that it tastes like Teddy Grahams in the form of peanut butter, so definitely a desert food. Patricia is from Las Vegas, and every time someone from France or Spain finds that out, they get very excited. Apparently Las Vegas is where everyone in France wants to go in America because it is 'The American Dream!' We both think it is very funny.

Anyway, I got a cell phone this weekend so I am less cut off from the social world! It is kind of weird to have such a crappy phone (it was 30 euro including a 5 euro credit), but maybe I will rely less on it as most people in France rely less on there phones as far as I can tell. I love how people are more social here and go out on weekend evenings. It is nice to be able to go into a bar and feel like I am allowed to be there too. Drinking is less about being drunk and more about just being out with people. So far I have met a lot of very nice people from France, Spain, Italy, and various other places.

Me and my super delicious salade nicoise with anchovies
The weather in Grenoble is definitely changing to fall. Last week had some pretty warm days, but the last couple days have been rainy and cold. I am looking forward to having a real winter here.

No comments:

Post a Comment