03 September 2010

First, Minneapolis.

It was just two days ago that I turned in the green sweater and pearls that constituted my uniform as a 'Front Desk Agent' at the Columbia Gorge Hotel. No more staff-operated elevator, questions about the farm breakfast, or requests to go up in the tower. I never have to ask anyone to create a memory ever again! I was really sad to leave the friends I made working there, but I had to face reality that summer is in fact finite and my trip to France is soon to be more than a fantasy. Honestly though, I already miss some of the great people I worked with, not to mention slacked with (y'all know who you are). Don't worry Family and Other Assorted Friends, you are equally missed!

I am proud to say that I successfully made it to Minneapolis, MN without loosing my passport or breaking anything! The airport did confiscate my jar of peanut butter at security with made me a little agitated. Everything else went pretty smoothly and I hope my flight to Paris will too. It is still a little hard to believe I am flying into Paris tomorrow with my Aunt Debbie who I am staying with tonight and spending a few days with in France. I've tried not to have too many expectations for my up and coming adventure because I want to take my experience for what it is. I recently decided that I am not studying abroad, but adventuring abroad! This is my last night in the U.S. for a while and I think I will come back with some different views and a new set of vocabulary. Peace out America.

No comments:

Post a Comment